What is the best lace front wig adhesive for lace front wig wearers? Every gal (or guy) knows that a lace front wig glue that can hold your wig in place for two or three weeks is vital to the success and sustainability of your look. Without a good lace wig adhesive, your fashion statement can turn tragic in an instance.
The good news is that unlike your lace front wig, your adhesive does not have to break the bank. The key to identifying which product will best meet your needs will depend on a variety of factors ranging from your current climate or weather conditions to your body’s production of natural oils. All of these things can be factors in identifying which lace front wig adhesive will meet your needs.
As a result of these factors, you may spend your time experimenting initially to identify the best lace wig adhesive for long-term wear. No matter your selection, you will be pleased to see that there are multiple affordable options on the market for you to choose from on the market today.
Here are six fantastic lace front wig adhesive options for long-term wear.
Bold Hold Extreme Cream Adhesive for Lace Wigs and Hair Pieces
Bold Hold Extreme Cream Adhesive for Lace Wigs and Hair Pieces is nontoxic and works well with oily skin. Bold Hold Extreme Cream Adhesive for Lace Wigs and Hair Pieces can hold your lace wigs down for upwards of two to three weeks. This lace front wig adhesive is excellent for active divas who sweat a lot or those who live in warm climates that have excess moisture and humidity.
How to Use Bold Hold Extreme Crème for Lace Wigs and Extensions
- For best results, apply a thin layer of Bold Hold Extreme Crème to your skin –not the hairline.
- Allow your hair to dry until the surface becomes tacky. You can repeat this action up to five times.
- Remember that each layer should be clear before adding another layer.
- After attaching your unit, you should allow hair to be in place for up to 24 hours before allowing it to come into contact with any form of moisture.
Cling Edge Safe Nontoxic Glue for Lace Front
Cling is moisture resistant and can withstand tricky factors such as oil, sweat, and humidity. It dries clear and is nontoxic. You can remove Cling with its product Un-Cling –though this product is receiving mixed reviews, or you can use C-22 Adhesive Remover, Lace Release or 99% Medical Alcohol.
How to Use Cling Edge Safe Nontoxic Glue for Lace Front
- Apply a thin layer of Cling Edge Safe Adhesive to your skin.
- Repeat this step up to four times. The number of applications may vary by how strong you need the hold to be.
- Once you finish applying the final layer, wait 7 minutes before installing the hair.
Day and Night Hold
Day and Night Hold adhesive boasts of being latex-free and not having any toxic ingredients. This information particularly useful for you if your skin is sensitive or easily suffers in the face of chemicals commonly available in lace front wig adhesives. It helps to hide your hairline and creates a natural look. This product is getting high marks for being durable even in the face of oily, humid or wet conditions.
How to Use Day and Night Hold
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to clean skin, being careful to avoid the actual hairline using the brush applicator.
- Allow the solution to become slightly tacky before applying the wig.
Walker Tape Ultra Hold Glue and Bond
Walker Tape Ultra Hold Glue and Bond promise to secure your lace front wig for upwards of four weeks. This solution is a waterproof formula that allows you to use its brush-on applicator to attach the wig. A little bit of this product goes a long way to hold your wig in place and is easy to remove from your hairline with a compatible adhesive remover.
Fans of Walker Tape Ultra Hold Glue and Bond warn that you must use a strong adhesive remover such as C-22 Adhesive Remover, Lace Release or 99% Medical Alcohol due to the power of this solution’s ability to hold your wig down in place.
How to Use Walker Tape Ultra Hold Glue and Bond
- Prepare your skin by cleansing it with a 99% Medical alcohol base.
- Apply a thin layer of Walker Tape Ultra Hold Glue and Bond to your skin.
- Blow dry area until the glue becomes tacky.
- Apply lace front wig, holding it in place firmly for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Avoid getting this area wet for at least 24 hours.
Ghost Bond Platinum
Ghost Bond Platinum by Pro Hair Labs is yet another fantastic option for divas who are in search of a reliable, liquid adhesive from their lace front wig. Ghost Bond Platinum is excellent for you if you reside in an area that is humid, have an oily scalp, or sweat a lot. The manufacturer of this product promises that it can deliver a reliable hold for up to five weeks.
How to Use Ghost Bond Premium by Pro Hair
- Before applying Ghost Bond Platinum or any other wig glue, make sure your hairline area is clean. You cannot have any oil, makeup or debris that will get in the way of this lace front adhesive doing its job.
- Use alcohol to cleanse this region before application of this glue to ensure you do not increase the chance of the product not working in the way you need it to function.
- Allow skin to dry, then apply adhesive in one thin coat.
- Apply up to four thin coats, allowing each layer to become clear before applying another.
- After applying the fourth coat, wait seven minutes then press your hair system into place.
Esha Absolute Lace Wig Adhesive Glue
Esha Absolute Lace Wig Adhesive Glue is a waterproof adhesive that promises to do its job no matter if you are someone who has oily skin or a gym patron who spends a lot of time sweating it out. Many YouTube vloggers are enormous fans of Esha Absolute Lace Wig Adhesive Glue because once it dries, it delivers a super, strong hold without leaving signs of nasty residue.
How to Use Esha Absolute Lace Wig Adhesive Glue
- Start with clean skin. Cleanse the area with 99% alcohol to rid your skin of oil, dirt or makeup that might keep your wig from adhering.
- Apply a thin layer of the Esha Absolute Lace Wig Adhesive Glue.
- Apply your wig on the area right away and press for up to one minute or until your wig is firmly in place.
- Give your hair time to dry before styling.
In summary, there are multiple lace front wig adhesives on the market that are capable of surviving humid, sweaty and oily scalp or skin conditions. Finding the glue that works best for you may take a little time. Do not feel defeated if what works for your favorite YouTube vlogger does not work for you. Always test a small area of your skin before going in hardcore with the application for any adhesive. Some people do report nasty skin reactions and even the likes of blistering with some of these products. Finally, always take precautions to avoid getting this area wet for a minimum of 24 hours.