Are you looking for a sleek and stylish hair styling tool that is powerful enough to make any hair style look high-end? If so, the two leading choices are the Dyson Supersonic and the Dyson Airwrap Complete.
As you may know, Dyson makes dozens of high-quality products, so we wrote this article to compare these two models. As hair styling experts, we have tested both of these tools to see which would be a perfect fit for you. While neither of these products is cheap, they are some of the best styling products currently available on the market, and most find that they are well worth the investment.
The Dyson Supersonic
One of the highest-rate hair dryers of the year, the Dyson Supersonic is designed to work for all hair types. It was engineered to quickly dry your hair while simultaneously protecting it from extreme heat damage. According to the Dyson website, it can help increase smoothness by 75%, increase shine by up to 132%, and decrease frizz by up to 61%.
Heat damage can negatively affect the appearance and health of your hair and scalp. Healthy, non-damaged hair appears shinier because it allows light to reflect through it in a single direction, while damaged hair has the opposite effect. Similarly, extreme heat can lead to a change in the proteins of your hair, causing the color to fade. The Dyson Supersonic hairdryer was designed with this in mind, and its attachments can lower the surface temperature by up to 20 degrees.
Speaking of the attachments, here are the five different types you can use depending on your hair health, style, and type:
– The new “Flyaway” attachment can help give your hair a smoother, salon-style finish. This attachment helps lift longer hairs on your scalp and hide flyaways, which can improve the shine and appearance of your hair.
– The “Styling Concentrator” attachment creates a highly-concentrated blade of hair, which is perfect if you are trying to style individual sections of your hair without affecting the rest.
– The “Diffuser” attachment helps reduce frizz and flyaways for those with curlier hair. By widely diffusing the airflow to larger sections of your hair, this attachment helps simulate natural drying and allows you to style your hair with greater control.
– The “Gentle Air” attachment is best for those with finer hair and sensitive scalps. This attachment generates a calmer airflow by diffusing the air without increasing the time it takes to dry your hair.
– The wide-tooth comb is engineered for those with curly, textured hair. Its long teeth help create volume in your hairstyle as it dries, and allows you to better shape your hair to your desired look.
A fun bonus? It comes in a few different colors, including “Vinca blue” and “Rosé.” Here’s a link to purchase a Dyson Supersonic.
The Dyson Airwrap Complete
Do you have hair that’s shorter than chest length? If so, the Dyson Airwrap Complete could be a perfect fit for you. This styling tool has three different airflow speeds, three heat settings, and a “cold shot” setting to help immediately deactivate the heat and set your style. While the Dyson Supersonic is a hair dryer with styling attachments, the Dyson Airwrap Complete is better used as a styling tool for damp hair or hair that has already been dried.
The controlled, high-velocity air from the Dyson Airwrap Complete can help you harness the Coanda effect. What’s the Coanda effect? It’s a circular airflow pattern that occurs when air is blown at the right speed and pressure, and it allows you to create circular curls without a traditional hair iron. This will help you create curls and style your hair faster without damaging your hair from extreme heat. In addition to creating curls, the Coanda effect can help you shape and smooth your hair by using different attachments.
This product is perfect for those with short waves, retro blowouts, French chic, or smooth c-curls. If your hair is longer than chest length, curly, or coily, then the Dyson Airwrap Complete could still be suitable for you, but make sure you also order the special attachments. One of our favorite things about the Dyson Airwrap Complete is its heat control feature. This feature measured the temperature over forty times per second, which is more than other leading styling tools. What does this mean? It ensures your hair will never undergo extreme heat damage, because this feature ensures the temperature will never exceed 302 degrees.
The Dyson Airwrap Complete includes the following attachments:
– The Coanda Smoothing Dryer. This attachment is a multi-functional styling tool that can help you hide frizz and flyways.
– Airwrap Barrels. These attachments come in two different lengths and can help you style your curls and waves.
– Smooth Brushes. The soft and firm smoothing brushes help create a smoother, straighter look for both those with frizzy and fine hair.
– Volumizing Brush. This attachment can help you add volume and shape to your style.
This product comes with a two year warranty from Dyson, and it is offered in a few different colors, including Copper-Nickel and Prussian Blue. Here’s a link to purchase a Dyson Airwrap Complete.
Both the Dyson Supersonic and the Dyson Airwrap Complete are highly engineered products. Generally, the Dyson Supersonic is designed to be a high quality hair dryer, while the Dyson Airwrap Complete is a styling tool. If you are in the market for a new hair styling tool, the Dyson Supersonic and the Dyson Airwrap Complete are two great options to consider. Both products are well-made and powerful, used by professional hair stylists, and offer features that may appeal to different users depending on hairstyle and hair type. While the Dyson Supersonic is excellent for those with longer styles looking to improve their hair’s shine and volume, the Dyson Airwrap Complete is probably best for those with chest-length styles or shorter. Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.